Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Hanging Garden

The Hanging World - Air Plant
This is a really pretty air plant which has lost a bit of its color since I first purchased it. The tips are usually a vibrant orange red but it lost a bit of the original color due to the low light setting of where I had it originally placed in the terrarium.   
Once I relocated it into the "hanging world" glass globe, its started to regain its color a bit again.  Needs frequent misting (every other day).  I've found in the past that leaving air plants soaking in direct water leads to quick rotting, and I've found that pebbles and baubles or marbles make the best ground material, enough to catch a little water and moisture without saturating the plant.  Once a week I also take him out for a good quick soak before putting him back into the globe.  As you can see it's about to bloom a beautiful purple flower, which I am excited about!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment